What Makes Your Roller Garage Door so Safe?
You should always feel safe when you’re at home. Whether you’re spending time with your family or just getting on with day to day life, every aspect of your homelife should add to your peace of mind.
The products and appliances we buy all contribute to the functionality, convenience and – most importantly – safety of our homes. While you might have the entire house child-proofed and danger free, have you considered the safety of your garage – or, more specifically, your garage door?
Old, outdated garage doors – particularly manual ones – can be hazardous, which is why it’s important to focus on safety when you’re looking to upgrade to a new garage door. In this article, we’re looking at the safety features of our Rollerdor garage doors, and how they can help make your home as safe as possible.
Safety features of Rollerdor garage doors
As with any mechanical product, safety should be at the top of your list when looking for the right garage door for your home. Our wide range of roller garage doors come with a number of safety features as standard, ensuring your personal safety is never compromised. Here’s a look at these safety features in more detail.
- Fully enclosed box – When open, the roller door curtain will be hidden neatly inside a fully enclosed box at the top of your garage opening. This is a key safety feature as it prevents objects – or even wandering fingers – from falling into or interfering with the mechanism. This is a feature that all roller garage doors should have to comply with the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC.
- No exposed motor – An exposed motor would be an extreme danger to anyone who operates the garage door. Instead, our compact tube motors are housed safely inside a barrel. This not only prevents injury by ensuring the motor is inaccessible, but also saves space.
- Controlled operation – Our doors have different closing mechanisms depending on the model and your personal preferences, and each of these is centred on safety. With a remote control, you can safely control the descent of the curtain, stopping it easily should an obstruction appear.
- Automated safety – With a wireless safety edge system, the door will automatically retreat should it detect any obstruction and will cease operation. This lets you remove the obstacle and restart the mechanism so it can continue.
- Lightweight and robust – Our aluminium curtains are lightweight yet sturdily constructed with slats locked together to create a reinforced curtain structure. This ensures our doors provide reliably safe protection for years to come.
- Fall arrest – Once your garage door curtain meets a certain weight e.g. for our larger RD77 models, if the door moves too fast for any reason, the brake prevents the door from falling on to property, people or pets.
Installation and maintenance
Safety is something that needs regular evaluation. Our roller garage doors aren’t just installed by experienced technicians – to manufacturers and safety guidelines – they’re also covered by parts and labour warranties. This ensures that, should anything ever go wrong with the function or mechanical components of your roller door, our experts will be right on hand to provide professional repair and replacement to get your door operating at its safest once more.
To find out more about the extensive range of roller doors and accessories at Rollerdor, don’t hesitate to contact us today. You can also use our online garage door price calculator to help you find the perfect, made to measure roller door for your home or call us on 0800 030 6004.
Garage door price calculator
Want to get a new garage doors quote? Use our price calculator to get a no-hidden-fee price and order online!