How to Choose the Right Garage Door Colour
While choosing the variety of garage door system is the most important decision to make when purchasing a new garage door, the colour of your door is also an important feature that you should think carefully about. Your garage door will play a big part in the aesthetic appeal of your home, and you will want it to be as attractive as possible to boost your home’s kerb appeal. To help you in choosing the correct garage door colour for your property, the team here at Rollerdor have put together some do’s and don’ts of choosing your garage’s colour.
Suggestions we make should be treated as reference points only as the colour you select for your garage door ultimately comes down to personal preference.
- Do consider matching your door to match the colour of the house itself. This is a great option if you don’t want your garage doors to take over the overall appearance of your home, and the unity of colour can help to make your house look larger.
- Do match the trim of the door to the door itself, or to the colour of the home, to avoid over complicating the design and create smooth, clean lines instead.
- Do stick within a two shade radius of your house’s colour if you are wanting to contrast the door colour from your home. This subtle difference will highlight the separation without looking disjointed.
- Do consider a wood grain if you live in a rural area or a historic home as this will highlight the rustic appeal of your house and will match with the style of your property better than a modern paint job.
- Do consider crisp whites if you like a clean, fresh appearance
- Ask your door supplier for advice! An expert opinion will allow for more insight into what will and will not work for your home. Our experts will be happy to advise you on the best colour and style garage door for your home from our fantastic range.
– Don’t match the colour of your door to the trims of the home as this breaks up the overall aesthetic in a way that looks clumsy.
– Don’t use more than one colour on a standard door otherwise this may look a little garish.
There are many colours you can choose from for your garage door, but opting for a popular colour is a good bet for ensuring a a wider aesthetic appeal.
Rolledor have a fantastic selection of colour options for our doors, including whites, beiges, greens, reds and various wood effects. We even offer custom RAL colours so you don’t have to compromise how you envisage your new roller garage door. You can request a free colour sample from our team to see the colours for yourself.
If you’re looking for a more traditional or close to nature effect, take a look at our wood effect curtains. From the lighter Irish Oak to the luxurious Golden Oak to the rich Rosewood, the right wood colour garage door is ready for you.
Rollerdor Ltd has a range of high quality garage door systems in various colour schemes to suit any home style. With our free UK delivery, free site surveys and fantastic prices, we offer a superb, cost-effective solution to your garage door needs. Contact us online or call 0800 030 6004 for more information, we’ll be happy to assist with any enquiries you may have.
Garage door price calculator
Want to get a new garage doors quote? Use our price calculator to get a no-hidden-fee price and order online!